Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel and similar tools can be used as an alternative to Airtable. Check out their features to see if they’re right for your business.
Airtable is one of the most popular project management software options, but that doesn’t mean it’s the right choice for every team. Check out the best alternatives to Airtable to find the right project management tool for your business.
Best Airtable Alternatives
The monday.com Work Operating System is project management software with a flexible yet versatile platform. Compared to other project management tools, monday.com offers users more flexibility in configuring different visualizations and project views.
Monday.com’s Unique Features
- Ability to visually represent project data through various views including Gantt chart, kanban, charts and dashboards
- WorkForms Customizable Data Collection Feature
- Log of all changes made by users for better project tracking and visibility
- 250+ pre-built workflow automations
- Extensive integrations available for developer tools, CRM and more
monday.com offers five plans to choose from:
- Individual: A free plan that supports up to 2 users, 1,000 items, and 500 GB of storage.
- Base: For $8/month per user billed annually or $10/month per user billed monthly, organizations can have unlimited items, boards, and free viewers.
- Standard: For $10/month per user billed annually or $12/month per user billed monthly, organizations can access timeline, Gantt, and calendar views, as well as automations and integrations.
- Pro: For $16/month per user billed annually or $20/month per user billed monthly, organizations can access the graph view, time tracking features, and more.
- Company: Enterprise pricing is adjusted based on business needs. This plan offers top-notch support and business security, among other benefits.
Smartsheet is a top-rated cloud-based project management software that can meet the needs of teams of different sizes, focus areas, and technical skill levels. The software tool makes it easy to organise, visualize and communicate clearly on current projects. Like Airtable, Smartsheet displays project data on a spreadsheet-like interface.
The unique properties of Smartsheet
- Data visualization via grid, Gantt, map and calendar views
- WorkApps, Smartsheet’s code-free tool for building web and mobile apps
- Activity log for tracking project changes and updates
- Pre-built project and automation templates
Smartsheet is the only software vendor on this list that doesn’t offer a free plan, but you can do a free trial before choosing one of the three plans available:
- Pro: For $7 per month per user billed annually or $9 per month per user, organizations can access basic collaboration and project management features. This plan has a maximum of 10 editing users, but allows unlimited viewers.
- Company: For $25/month per user per month billed annually or $32/month per user billed monthly, organizations can add an unlimited number of editors.
- Company: Custom plans and pricing available for Enterprise companies.
Wrike is a leading provider of project management software. The software provides high-level project planning and management, as well as seamless collaboration between teams. Wrike offers project management features aimed at IT project teams, marketing teams, creative teams, and service teams. The platform can serve businesses of all sizes and offers specialized offerings tailored to the needs of corporate customers.
The unique features of Wrike
- Intuitive displays with table, list, board, Gantt, timelog and analytics dashboard views
- Project templates available for IT, project management, marketing and other teams
- 400+ integration options with a wide range of apps and software tools
- Premium security and data privacy features for business users
- Free: Users can sign up for the free plan to use the basic task management features for free.
- Professional: For $9.80/month per user, organizations can add shareable dashboards, interactive Gantt charts, and integrations.
- Company: For $24.80/month per user, organizations can access advanced customization features.
- Company: Companies that want improved reporting and security tools can inquire about the Enterprise package. The price has been adjusted.
asana is another project management software that has been adopted by many organizations. The emphasis is on task management. Asana has a very clean and simple interface that works well on desktop and as a mobile app. Unlike Airtable’s spreadsheet-style layout, Asana has a more classic to-do list layout. Users can view their to-do lists in a to-do list format where tasks can be checked off or in a calendar layout.
The unique properties of Asana
- Provides comprehensive communication and collaboration tools, including messaging tools, shared calendars, and the ability to comment on specific tasks
- Integrates well with business intelligence programs such as Tableau
- Subtasks can be assigned to different users with staggered deadlines
Asana has four different price tiers:
- Base: The free plan supports unlimited projects and tasks for up to 15 users.
- Premium: For $10.99/month per user billed annually or $13.49/month billed monthly, organizations can add unlimited users and access the Workflow Builder.
- Company: For $24.99/month per user billed annually or $30.49/month billed monthly, organizations can add advanced reporting, a portfolio view, advanced workflows, and personalized support.
- Company: Customizable plans for large enterprises. The price varies.
Zoho Projects is a well-rounded project management tool for task management, process automation and team collaboration. It is part of Zoho’s extensive software product catalog, making it a particularly good choice for organizations that already use a Zoho product or are looking for multiple easy-to-integrate business tools.
The software offers many options for data visualization, including a traditional spreadsheet view, a simple list, a Kanban board, or a Gantt chart. Users can also automate assigned workflows with the Blueprints tool.
Unique Features of Zoho Projects
- Project tracking in spreadsheet, list, and kanban views.
- Integrations with other Zoho products, as well as Google and Microsoft
- Project baseline feature to compare projected progress on tasks with actual progress
- Ability to track and analyze time spent on each task
Zoho Projects is an affordable option with three pricing tiers:
- Free: Teams with three or fewer users can use the software for free and create two projects.
- Premium: For $4 per month per user billed annually or $5 per month per user billed monthly, teams with up to 50 users can access unlimited projects, 20 project templates, and 100 GB of storage.
- Company: Teams with more than 50 users should opt for the Enterprise plan. At $9/month per user billed annually or $10/month per user billed monthly.
What are the pros and cons of Airtable?
Airtable is one of the most popular project management software tools. This is partly due to the versatility of the software. Airtable provides solutions for teams of all sizes, from small businesses to large enterprises. There’s even a free plan for smaller teams or individuals. Airtable also offers an intuitive user interface and a seamless data import process, making it a very user-friendly option.
TO SEE: Hiring kit: Project manager (Tech Republic Premium)
However, there are a few reasons why users may look for alternatives to Airtable. The first is simply that many people have different preferences when it comes to the task manager interface. Airtable’s interface is intuitive for most users, but it feels more like a spreadsheet. Excel enthusiasts will like this, but others may prefer a layout list Asanas that often feel more like a basic to-do list.
Enterprise users can also choose to go with an Airtable alternative as many competitors offer more extensive business integrations. There are also limited extensions for many of the plans.
Choosing between Airtable and its alternatives
Airtable is a popular choice for project management software. It offers a wide range of powerful project management and reporting features. However, it is not best suited for all organizations as it has some weaknesses in its task management features.
There are many alternative project management software options available. These competitors may offer better task management features or a preferred user experience compared to AirTable. To compare these tools and others, check out our roundup of the best project management software.