Do you aspire to become a healthcare specialist? Are you wondering how you can get your degree? Do you have plans to study abroad? Then here are some things that you must know before you go.
Students in India prefer to choose Ukraine as their destination to get their MBBS degree. The reason is that these medicine courses are cheap in expenditure and better in quality than anywhere else. In addition, a high literacy rate makes Ukraine the perfect destination to gain a doctor’s degree.
Reasons to Choose Ukraine to Study MBBS.
So, why would you choose to study MBBS in Ukraine? Well, here are some tempting reasons for your consideration –
- Balanced living expenses
- Affordable study fees
- Lack of an entrance examination
- Recognized degrees by UNESCO, WHO, MCI
- Proper curriculum for medical science courses
- Student-Teacher Ratio
When you plan to study your MBBS in Ukraine, you must remain aware of its expenditure. The tuition fee of the entire program will cost around Rs 18 lakhs to Rs 22 lakhs. Every year, the accommodation expenses will vary between Rs 2 lakhs 50 thousand to Rs 3 lakhs 50 thousand. The living expenses for a single month will range from Rs 1 lakhs to Rs 1 lakh 50 thousand.
Since the academic year begins late, you should start your application process in July from the month of September. However, the respectable institutions carry limited seats that serve students who approach first. So, to study MBBS in Ukraine, you must start the admission process as soon as you get the NEET score.
The eligibility criteria to obtain MBBS in Ukraine can attract students worldwide. The universities will demand the basic 10+2 school degree with mainstream subjects like English, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
The student’s age should lie from a minimum of 17 years to a maximum of 25 years.
The student might attain 50% in class 12. But, for the cases of SC and ST, it will vary between 40% to 45%
Finally, the candidate must attain a validated NEET score to begin their application process. They can then –
- Fill in the details in the online form of their preferred college.
- If they make a secure payment of the application fee, the form is submitted successfully.
- The Ukrainian University will issue the offer letter once the student agrees to comply with the terms and conditions of the university.
- On receiving the letter, the student must issue the payment for their first-year sessions.
- Once the payment is complete, the student can then apply for their student visa.
If you want to enrol for an MBBS degree in Ukraine, you must present a scan of these documents as you apply for the university course online.
- Birth certificate
- Certificate of class 10 and class 12
- Migration certificate
- Student Visa
- Bank Statement
- NEET score’s copy
- University Offer Letter’s copy
Due to varying laws across different medical universities, the candidates must visit the university website. Then, they will know what documents their university asks from them.
Some of the Best Ukrainian Universities
- Bogomolets National Medical University
- Kharkiv National Medical University
- Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University
- Lviv National Medical University
- V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University
- Bukovinian State Medical University
- Ternopil State Medical University
- Dnipropetrovsk State Medical University
- Lugansk State Medical University
- Kyiv Medical University
Choosing India for my MBBS
We discussed the basic features of studying MBBS overseas in the above paragraphs. Now let us look at the opportunities you can get if you complete your degree in your homeland.
The Central Government funds AIIMS medical institutions in India, reducing the annual expenditure to Rs 10000. The eligible MBBS students from the All India Quota obtain a fee of Rs 50 thousand to Rs 2 lakhs. Most students in India dream to become a doctor to serve the people of their country.
Basic Pre-requisites for MBBS in India
Those students who wish to pursue the MBBS degree in India should know that –
- The NEET score will determine the access into central, government, private and other esteemed universities.
- The JIPMER and AIIMS conduct the MBBS entrance examination in India in Puducherry.
So, Why Choose Study MBBS in India?
- Short Course – Foreign universities require Indian students to follow a curriculum of 6 years that divides into one year in an internship and five years in education. In India, it is 5.5 years, including one year of internship and 4.5 years of study.
- Avoiding the NMC Screening Test – Students who return from abroad after completing their MBBS need to attend the FMGE or NMC Screening Test. Unless they appear for the examination, they will not earn the eligibility to attain their license. But, students who complete the course from India do not have to sit for an exam to get their license.
- Experience and knowledge in the clinical field – India is a developing nation. Many people fall sick and many more are admitted to hospitals. If you study MBBS in India, there is a greater probability of gaining your on-field experience.
- Close to friends and family – As you pursue your MBBS course inland, you get quick access to your family and friends. You can communicate or visit them according to your convenience without international boundaries.
- Vast career opportunities – The increasing number of patients and sick people can open extensive career options for doctors. Students can also become medical professors, researchers and scientists in India. So, you must not neglect your nursing assignment as it will help you build a bright future. Now students can find employment in laboratories, health centres, nursing homes, hospitals, biomedical firms, medical colleges, etc.
In this post, we see that there are different options that you can enjoy if you choose to study MBBS. While studying abroad is undoubtedly expensive, it will help you gain more experience and knowledge. But, if you wish to learn in India, you can serve your people, although you will lack the exposure. Ultimately, it is your preference that should count the most. Find out what you want and then choose whether you will pursue your dreams in Ukraine or India.
So, we see that MBBS is a course that many students prefer to pursue as their dream career. It opens up new opportunities and sometimes gains them access to international borders. But, in the end, it all counts to one thing. Whether you would like to pursue your career in India or somewhere abroad, like in Ukraine, depends on you?